There is a new MSP430 launchpad available for only 12.99$.
In this post we will make brief overview of the MSP430F5529 USB LaunchPad.
The new MSP430F5529 USB LaunchPad is featuring the MSP430F5529 MCU. The microcontroller has the following features:
– 25MHz (vs. 16MHz in MSP430G2 Value Line LaunchPad)
– 128KB Flash (vs. 16KB Flash in MSP430G2 Value Line LaunchPad)
– 8kB RAM (vs. 512B RAM in MSP430G2 Value Line LaunchPad)
– 16ch 12-bit ADC (vs. 8ch 10-bit ADC in MSP430G2 Value Line LaunchPad)
– 4 16-bit Timers (vs. 2 16-bit Timers in MSP430G2 Value Line LaunchPad)
– Up to 2 I2C, 4 SPI, 2 UART (vs. Up to 1 I2C, 2 SPI, 1 UART in MSP430G2 Value Line LaunchPad)
The board it self provides 40-pin (see the pinout here).
Pros: Faster, bigger and more interfaces. Appropriate for more complex designs.
Cons: I see only one con with this new Launchpad and this is the SMD soldering of the processor. This makes it usable only with the launchpad board. If you are expirienced with the soldering tools, this is not a con for you. You can easyly desolder/resolder it to your custom made board. Or you can resolder a socket with the appropriate size on the Launchpad.
Fook forward soon for new posts on projecst with MSP430F5529 USB LaunchPad.
More information can be found here.